Hammer Toe In India: Things To Consider Going For The Surgery
Hammer Toe In India: Things To Consider Going For The Surgery
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital India
- You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
- +91-9860432255 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
- Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.
Hammer Toe Overview
Hammer Toe in India is a disorder which causes the toe to become bend upward that resembles the shape of a hammer. Hammer Toe in India reviews of patients indicates that it occurs in conjunction with other problems of the toe. It can be stiff or flexible and depending upon the flexibility of the toe and the preference of an orthopedic surgeon, several different surgeries can be performed.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for Hammer toe procedure?
The main objective of this surgery is to treat the pain that has not yielded the desired results with non-surgical treatment. If you have pain in wearing your pair of shoes, then Affordable Hammer Toe in India surgery is the only option.
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital India.
Hi, my name is Simon Makala from Zambia. I visited India to get a hammer toe surgery with the assistance of Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital. Before the surgery, I was in a lot of pain and wasn’t able to walk at all. I couldn’t even find shoes that would fit my feet. My doctor diagnosed me with hammer toes and recommended me for surgery. There was inadequate medical facilities and amenities and that lead me to search for surgery abroad. The cost of surgery was too expensive in US. I searched for low cost surgery and found your website. After consultation, I was more than happy to give my confirmation to fly down to India for treatment. My surgeon was a nice gentleman who made me feel easy and comfortable. The nurses and hospital staff were very caring and compassionate. My surgery went well. The surgery wasn’t painful at all and after the surgery, I have no pain at all. Its been an amazing experience. If you are thinking to have surgery, I would highly recommend having surgery through your healthcare consultants in India.
Hammer Toe Procedure & Recovery & Effectiveness
Most often this surgery is undertaken as an outpatient procedure. This makes it a point that you can go home the same day the surgery is done. The surgery can be undertaken when you are fully asleep, or it can be done also when you are awake that makes the feet go numb temporarily.
Techniques used for treatment of hammer toe:
- Flexible hammer toe- if the hammer toe is flexible, and the toe can be straightened then a tender transfer procedure can be undertaken. This procedure involves retouting the tendons from the bottom.
- Fixed hammer toe- if the hammer toe has become fixed, then there are two options for treatment. Joint resection can be used and in this process an incision is made over the top of the toe. In addition to this fusion can also be used to treat the fixed hammer toe. Pins or screws can be used to fix the toe.
After the surgery is done, you will be given a special shoe which aids in your walking. Recovery normally can take a few weeks depending upon the type of surgery which is undertaken. Some form of exercise may be prescribed by your surgeon after the surgery is undertaken. It is normal to have some amount of swelling after the surgery, which may take a few years before the swelling resolves.
Why Opting Hammer Toe is necessary?
In some cases, when the hammer toes have gone on to become more rigid and painful, or for the matter an open sore has developed then surgery is the only option which is left. Often patients with hammer toe have foot deformities at the same time
Why to choose an Indian Hospital for your Hammer Toe?
India is a forerunner in the domain of medical tourism. A lot has got to do with the evolution of top quality hospitals. Most of them offer Free Consultation Hammer Toe in India which gives a point to the patient that whether there are alternative courses of treatment. Surgery is a life time decision and has a considerable amount of bearing on the mental make up of an individual.
Hammer Toe Cost in India
Low cost Hammer Toe in India ensures that the surgery is undertaken at a fraction of a cost when one compares it to the western countries. Since it is an elective form of surgery, most of the insurance companies do not cover it and hence getting it in India works out to be beneficial.
If you are really seeking Hammer Toe Surgery, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our surgeons. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the Hammer Toe Surgery you are seeking.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
Listen to the Voices of Our Happy Patients
It is possible that after surgery, your hammertoe may come back. If this happens and you have discomfort in the toe, an additional surgery may be needed to address the pain.
Depending on the specific surgery used, you may or may not be able to bend your toe once it has healed. Ask your orthopaedic surgeon what type of surgery is needed for your hammertoe.
Before you leave the hospital, your toes will be wrapped in bandages to hold them in place and you will receive instructions on maintaining those dressings and on wearing a special post-surgical shoe to protect your foot. You may need to use a cane or crutches for the first several days and to be careful about putting weight on your foot. You should try to keep your foot elevated and treated with ice as directed for several days. While your stitches may be removed in a couple of weeks, you will continue to need to utilize the bandages and shoe for as long as eight weeks. You should plan on wearing athletic shoes or soft leather shoes — and no high heels — for several months once your bandages have been removed. Your doctor may prescribe exercises to improve the range-of-motion of your toes, such as stretching them and picking up objects such as marbles and handkerchiefs with them.
Wear roomier shoes
- Seek out shoes that conform to the shape of your feet as much as possible and provide plenty of room in the toe box, ensuring that your toes are not pinched or squeezed.
- Make sure that, while standing, there is a half inch of space for your longest toe at the end of each shoe.
- Make sure the ball of your foot fits comfortably in the widest part of the shoe.
- Since feet normally swell during the course of the day, shop for shoes at the end of the day, when your feet are at their largest.
- Don’t be vain about your shoe size — sizes vary by brand, so concentrate on making certain your shoes are comfortable.
- Remember that your two feet are very likely to be different sizes and fit your shoe size to the larger foot.
Don’t wear high-heel shoes
- Avoid high heels, which shift all your body weight onto your toes, increasing the pressure on your toes and their joints tremendously.
- Wear shoes with low (less than two inches) or flat heels that fit your foot comfortably.
You can most definitely choose hotels as per your convenience to you and your budget.
You can talk to the doctor and satisfy all your medical queries. You can also send us your queries for answers from the top doctors.
To know about the procedure of getting an Indian Medical Visa, please go to our website where you will find all the details regarding the initial procedure. You can also send us a query regarding the same.
Many hospitals in India have language translators to help you communicate better and effortlessly with the doctors and medical staff.
Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital India offers highest quality bone and joint health care with attentiveness, care and compassion to meet the needs of the patients and their loved ones. The medical team includes board-certified orthopedic surgeons who are familiar with all the aspects of the musculoskeletal system. Our hospital uses the most advanced technologies available for the orthopaedic procedures and has a lower complication rate.