Baker’s Knee Cyst in India: Things to Consider While Going For the Surgery
Planning your medical trip to India is a very simple process with Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital India
- You just need to fill in our enquiry form and one of our executives will contact you soon.
- +91-9860432255 Call us at the given contact number for any assistance.
- Complete information regarding surgery is provided on our website.
Bakers Knee Cyst Overview
Bakers Knee Cyst in India is a pocket of fluid that forms a lump behind the knee. In medical terms it is also referred to as popliteal cyst. It occurs when the excess fluid in the joint is pushed into the small sac of tissue behind the knee. This excess amount of fluid occurs due to conditions like orthopedics which causes irritation to the knee. Sometimes it may also occur due to an injury.
How do I know if I am a good candidate for Bakers Knee Cyst Procedure?
Bakers Knee Cyst in India reviews of patients indicates that baker’s cyst causes no pain. Some of the symptoms include
- Stiffness or tightness in the knees
- Swelling beneath the knee which may worsen when you stand
- A slight pain in the upper calf along with the knee. One is more likely to feel it when they bend their knee.s
Check out the Patient Testimonial, where the patient shares about their success stories from treatments through Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital India.
Hello, I am Juliet Benedict from Liberia. I had baker’s knee cyst and needed the surgical treatment. However, I didn’t want to get it at my native country, so I went online to get a reasonable price treatment. I found affordable cost surgery and treatments in India and after contacting two of the websites. I was convinced with your healthcare provider. Therefore, I gave my consent for the surgery and booked my tickets to India. I was welcomed by their official at the airport who then took me to the hospital. I met my surgeon who was a gentleman and explained everything prior to the surgery. He made me feel easy and comfortable. The nurses were quite compassionate and caring. My surgery went smoothly. I want to thank everyone, including the healthcare group, my surgeon and nurses for helping me throughout my entire medical tour to India.
Bakers Knee Cyst Procedure & Recovery & Effectiveness
Firstly the doctor may examine your knee and throw questions about your past health, and when did the pain start. The doctor may also ask you to undergo certain tests such as MRI, to have a clear cut idea about your knee. So when you notice a pain, Free Consultation Bakers Knee Cyst in India with a doctor would not be a bad idea at all.
If arthritis or any other problem is causing pain in the knee, the doctor can treat the problem. The pain and the swelling go away in a short span of time. If the pain does not go away, the doctor will drain the fluid with the help of a needle. They may also use a crutch and wrap your knee in a bandage. Sometimes if both these methods do not yield the desired results, then surgery is the only option left.
Why Opting Bakers Knee Cyst is necessary?
Opting for Bakers Knee Cyst is very necessary when you have an underlying problem with your knees. It may help you to reduce the size of the Baker’s cyst and any swelling of pain which causes it. In general, the larger the cyst the more symptoms, it can produce. Sometimes one may also notice that the knee joint is itself swollen.
Why to choose an Indian Hospital for your Bakers Knee Cyst?
Indian hospitals have ensured that the best of medical along with surgical treatment is provided at economical prices. Affordable Bakers Knee Cyst in India is provided by most of the elite class of hospitals in the country. Indian is an amazing tourist destination of medical tourists from all over the globe. The medical tourism in the country is taking new strides with the evolution of hospitals and super specialty centers. Indian nurses are highly compassionate and trained in the world.
Bakers Knee Cyst Cost in India
When you undertake Low cost Bakers Knee Cyst in India you save hundreds of dollars when one compares it to the same treatment cost in the foreign countries. A lot of procedures are affordable in India without having to shell out too much. The post recovery period in this form of surgery assumes a lot of importance and this can be undertaken under an able supervision of the surgeons.
If you are really seeking treatments for Baker’s Knee Cyst, kindly fill up the form for a free consultation with our surgeons. You will be provided with thorough analysis and suggestions regarding the treatments for Baker’s Knee Cyst you are seeking.Click to Here Fill up our Enquiry Form
Listen to the Voices of Our Happy Patients
- So how do you know if you have one? Well, symptoms may include:
- Knee pain
- A painful calf
- Noticeable fluid around the knee joint
- Sometimes locking or clicking may occur
Occasionally, you may get no pain at all- you can just feel a lump at the back of your knee.
Usually some sort of knee trauma or direct blow to the knee may cause this type of swelling. Often this may be due to a sports injury, but there are a number of other causes, such as osteoarthritis (joint wear and tear), Rheumatoid arthritis (a systemic inflammation of joints caused by the immune system attacking itself), or Gout (a specific type of reactive systemic arthritis which is caused by excess uric acid in the blood stream).
Anyone! However, it is more common in males and people over 40 years old, although any age or sex can be affected.
- There are several options.
- Like any inflammatory problem, RICE protocol will help (Resting your leg, applying a wrapped Ice compress for 10 minutes each hour, keeping it Compressed with a tubigrip bandage, and keeping your leg Elevated).
- Simple over the counter anti-inflammatory medication and pain killers may also help, however, it is Baker’s Cyst Painimportant to determine the underlying condition causing the swelling and to ideally treat this.
- Using crutches may be necessary to get about until your symptoms ease. They help to take the weight off the affected leg while you are walking.
- Rehabilitation to keep your knee joint moving and using strengthening exercises to help the muscles around your knee may be helpful. Ask your osteopath for help.
- Prescription painkillers – usually a combination of paracetamol and codeine – can be used to control any pain. See your GP for a prescription.
Occasionally your GP may refer you to an orthopaedic knee surgeon to drain the cyst or remove it. If your doctor uses a needle to drain excess fluid from your knee joint to help to relieve your symptoms, remember that it is common for the Baker’s cyst to re-form over time as the underlying cause has not been addressed.
Mild symptoms may settle by following the simple home-based treatments listed above, but if the swelling is persistent and causes you significant discomfort, you should see an osteopath or physical therapist for advice and treatment. Our team of osteopaths at the Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital India are on hand to examine you. You can contact our friendly reception team by filling up our form to book a consultation or ask to speak to a qualified osteopath. We will ask you questions about your complaint and some general health screening questions to ensure that treatment is safe and appropriate. You will then have a physical examination of the knee and surrounding tissues and joints so that your osteopath can formulate a diagnosis.
- Treatment for Baker’s cyst usually involves some gentle joint manipulation, some stretching or massage of the soft tissues. We may also us an ultra-sound machine to further reduce the swelling.
- Usually you will be asked to do some home exercises, before being seen again for a review of your symptoms a few days later.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to refer you for further tests (e.g. ultra-sound or MRI scans) in order to rule out a more serious condition such as an aneurysm or tumour.
- Medical treatment may involve you being offered a corticosteroid injection to reduce the swelling and inflammation caused by the cyst. It does not necessarily prevent it from coming back again.
If there is significant damage to the knee joint (e.g. by osteoarthritis or a torn ligament or cartilage), then surgery may be indicated. Normally this is done as a day-case, using a keyhole procedure called an arthroscopy, which allows the surgeon to look inside the knee with a camera to identify and fix any damage. Surgery may remove the cyst, especially if a cyst is very large or painful and/or other treatments have not worked. Although usually a keyhole method is used to close off the connection between the Baker’s cyst and the knee joint, the cyst can also sometimes removed using open surgery.
Joint Replacement Surgery Hospital India offers highest quality bone and joint health care with attentiveness, care and compassion to meet the needs of the patients and their loved ones. The medical team includes board-certified orthopedic surgeons who are familiar with all the aspects of the musculoskeletal system. Our hospital uses the most advanced technologies available for the orthopaedic procedures and has a lower complication rate.
You can most definitely choose hotels as per your convenience to you and your budget.
You can talk to the doctor and satisfy all your medical queries. You can also send us your queries for answers from the top doctors.
To know about the procedure of getting an Indian Medical Visa, please go to our website where you will find all the details regarding the initial procedure. You can also send us a query regarding the same.
Many hospitals in India have language translators to help you communicate better and effortlessly with the doctors and medical staff.